The P DM 5380 is a versatile 8 channel analog audio embedder or de-embedder which can be used to address a variety of audio issues in broadcast. The module has multiformat support for SDI formats up to 3Gbit/s (auto detect) and features optional fiber optic I/O.
The module can be switched between an 8 channel embedder or an 8 channel de-embedder, or used as a combination of both. 16 channels of audio are always de-embedded from the SDI input and passed into a audio processing stage. In embedder mode 8 channels of external audio are passed into the audio processing stage. Audio processing includes adjustable gain, phase invert, and mute for all 24 channels as well as a selectable mono mixdown function for each left and right pair.
The processed audio is passed onto a 24 x 24 output crossbar where the audio for the embedder, and/or audio for the external outputs can be user mapped.
The module also provides up to 62 frames of programmable output delay as well as the ability to de-embed or embed Timecode using one of the analog audio inputs.
Microprocessor control and on board Flash RAM enable configurations and settings to be stored within the module. Remote control, status monitoring and error reporting is possible when using the LYNX APPolo Control System.
NOTE: The use of the APPolo control system is MANDATORY for this module. If installed in a RFR 5012 chassis please make sure a rack controller
(RCT 5023 G) is installed in the rack.
- Supports SDI formats up to 3Gbit (auto detect)
- Optional fiber optic I/O
- Switch between 8 channel embedder or de-embedder
- 24 channel audio processing stage with adjustable gain, phase invert, mute and stereo to mono mixdown, provides overload and silence detection
- 24 x 24 mono output crossbar for embedder and external audio channel assignment
- Selectable “Auto Pattern Function.” - With no input video the module will embed audio in a selectable test pattern
- Dolby E synchronizer for guard band alignment
- Up to 62 frames of programmable delay
- Up to 10 seconds of audio delay (total)
- Embed or de-embed Timecode using two of the audio inputs
- Remote control, status monitoring and error reporting possible when used with LYNX APPolo control system.
- Full SNMP support when used with master controller option.
- Hot swappable
|PDM 5380 O||3G/HD/SD 8 Channel Analog Audio Embedder / De-embedder|
|OH-BD-1-1310||Bidirectional (Single Fiber) Transceiver|
|OH-BD-1-1550||Bidirectional (Single Fiber) Transceiver|
|OH-TR-0-850-MM||Fiber Optic Transceiver Option Multimode (LC)|
|OH-TR-1||3Gbit SDI Optical Transceiver|
|OH-TR-4-XXXX||Fiber Optic CWDM Transceiver Option 40km (XXXX=Wavelength 1270nm to 1610nm)|
|OH-TR-8-XXXX||Fiber Optic CWDM Transmitter Option 80km (XXXX=Wavelength 1470nm to 1610nm)|
|OH-TX-4-XXXX||3Gbit SDI Optical Transmitter - CWDM (XXXX=Wavelength 1270nm to 1610nm)|
|OH-TX-8-XXXX||Fiber Optic CWDM Transmitter Option 80km (XXXX=Wavelength 1470nm to 1610nm)|
|OH-RX-1 LC/SC/ST||Fiber Optic Basic Receiver Option 10km|
|OH-RX-8||Fiber Optic Receiver Option 80km|
|RFR 5041||1RU Rack Frame and Power Supply (for 4 modules)|
|RFR 5014||2RU Rack Frame + Power Supply (no fans)|
|RFR 5018||2RU Rack Frame plus Primary Power Supply|