The PDM 5340 is a versatile 4 channel analog audio embedder or de-embedder, which can be used to address a variety of audio issues in broadcast. The module offers multi-format SDI support up to 3Gbit/s (auto-detect).
The module can be switched between a 4 channel embedder or de-embedder, or used as a combination of both. 16 channels of audio are always de-embedded from the SDI input signal and passed into an audio processing stage. In embedder mode, 4 channels of external audio are passed into the audio processing stage. Audio processing includes adjustable gain, phase invert and mute for all 20 channels as well as a selectable mono mixdown function for each left and right pair.
The processed audio is passed into further crossbars where the audio for the embedder, and / or audio for the external outputs can be user mapped.
Microprocessor control and on-board Flash RAM enable configurations and settings to be stored within the module.
Remote control, status monitoring and error reporting is possible with the LYNX APPolo Control System.
NOTE: The use of the APPolo control system is MANDATORY for this module. If installed in a RFR 5012 chassis please make sure a rack controller
(RCT 5023 G) is installed in the rack.
- Supports SDI formats up to 3Gbit (auto-detect)
- Switch between 4 channel embedder or de-embedder
- 20 channel audio processing stage with adjustable gain, phase invert, mute and stereo to mono mixdown. Also provides overload and silence detection
- 20 x 4 mono output crossbar for external audio channel assignment
- 20 x 16 mono crossbar for embedder audio assignments
- Remote control, status monitoring and error reporting possible with the LYNX APPolo control system
- Full SNMP support when used with master controller option
- Hot swappable
|PDM 5340||3G/HD/SD 4 Channel Analog Audio Embedder / De-embedder|
|RCT 5023-G||Rack Controller|
|RFR 5014||2RU Rack Frame + Power Supply (no fans)|
|RFR 5018||2RU Rack Frame plus Primary Power Supply|