The OTR 5840 is a flexible dual channel SDI electrical to optical transceiver suitable for SDI/ASI-DVB video signals up to 3Gbit/s. Each channel has automatic input clock rate and signal presence detection with selectable signal reclocking. This module is ideally suited for demanding digital multi-format broadcast and professional applications.
Two input channels can be switched between optical or electrical inputs. In non-reclocked mode the module will transparently pass any data between 15Mbit/s and 3Gbit/s. Support for ASI/DVB and SMPTE 310 signals is also provided.
Select from 18 transmitter wavelengths for CWDM applications, or select dual 1310nm transmitter wavelengths for non CWDM applications.
An integral 4x4 signal router can be utilized to change 1/O channel mapping when using the LYNX control system.
Up to 10 modules (or 20 fiber RX and 20 TX channels) can be supported in a standard LYNX 2RU rack frame. The Fiber SFP sub-modules are secured on the backplane allowing for module removal and hot swapping without removing any modules rear I/O fiber connections.
NOTE: This module has advanced features and the use of APPolo control system is recommended. If installed in a RFR 5012 chassis please make sure a rack controller (RCT 5023 G) is installed in the rack.
- 2 independent Fiber RX channels (1260nm - 1620nm)
- 2 Independent Fiber TX channels
- 2 channels selectable between optical or electrical inputs
- CWDM support, select from 18 wavelengths
- Supports SDI/ASI/DVB and SMPTE 310 up to 3Gbit/s
- Reclocking or non-reclocking mode for each channel
- Auto-detects input clock rate
- Transparently pass data between 15Mbit/s and 3Gbit/s in non-reclocked mode.
- Input presence detection with LED indication for each channel
- Internal 4x4 router for flexible I/O mapping (remote only)
- LC fiber connections, single mode or multimode fiber
- Fiber SFP modules secured in backplane. Module can be removed without disconnecting fiber cables
- Remote control, status monitoring and error reporting when used with LYNX control system
- SNMP error reporting when used with master controller option
- Hot Swappable
|OTR 5840||Dual SDI to Fiber Optic Transceiver|
|RFR 5041||1RU Rack Frame and Power Supply (for 4 modules)|
|RFR 5014||2RU Rack Frame + Power Supply (no fans)|
|OH-TT-1||Dual Fiber Optic Basic Transmitter Option 10km|
|OH-TT-4-XXXX-XXXX||Dual Fiber Optic CWDM Transmitter Option 40km (XXXX-XXXX = Wavelength 1270/1290nm to 1590/1610nm)|
|OH-TT-8-XXXX-XXXX||Dual Fiber Optic CWDM Transmitter Option 80km (XXXX-XXXX=Wavelength 1470/1490nm-1590/1610nm)|
|OH-TX-4-XXXX||3Gbit SDI Optical Transmitter - CWDM (XXXX=Wavelength 1270nm to 1610nm)|
|OH-TX-8-XXXX||Fiber Optic CWDM Transmitter Option 80km (XXXX=Wavelength 1470nm to 1610nm)|
|OH-RR-1||Dual Channel 3Gbit SDI Optical Receiver|
|OH-RR-8||Fiber Optic Dual Receiver Option 80km|
|OH-RX-8||Fiber Optic Receiver Option 80km|
|RFR 5018||2RU Rack Frame plus Primary Power Supply|