Testor | lite 3G is a compact SDI video and audio test generator designed to address a multitude of test and verification needs in modern digital infrastructures. The large color touch-screen provides a simple, intuitive user interface and the integrated rechargeable battery will provide for up to 4 hours of continuous use.
External power / charge is provided via the USB port.
Note: USB port is also used for firmware updates
When connected to a standard USB 2.0 port the Testor | lite 3G will draw 500mA (max) to charge battery. (if the unit is powered while connected to a USB 2.0 port then it will use the internal battery and is not charging)
Charge time 360 minutes approx. (from empty) when connected to standard USB 2.0 port (i.e. computer) with Testor | lite 3G switched off
If connected to the USB-DCP power supply (included) then the unit can be powered and charged simultaneously. (1.5A).Charge times (from empty):
100 minutes approx. with unit switched off
180 minutes approx. with unit switched on
This dynamic pattern is unique to the Testor and can be used to verify a number of video and audio performance issues within a modern digital broadcast infrastructure.
- 2 x SDI video on 75 Ohm BNC connectors
- Each output is the same format and frequency, but can have different patterns
- SMPTE 424M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 259M
- SDTV 270Mbit: 525 (480i/59.94), 625 (576i/50)
- HDTV 1.5Gbit: 1080i/60, 1080i/59.94, 1080i/50, 1080p/30, 1080p/29.97, 1080p/25, 1080p/24, 1080p/24.98, 1080psf/25, 1080psf/24,1080psf/23.98, 720p/60, 720p/59.94, 720p/50, 720p/30, 720p/29.97, 720p/25, 720p/24, 720p/23.98
- HDTV 3G: 1080p/60, 1080p/59.94, 1080p/50
Multiple 3G Streaming Modes
- One 3G stream, on both connectors. Direct mapping Level A (SMPTE 425)
- Two individual 1.5G streams, one per BNC Connector. Dual Link. (SMPTE 372)
- Two individual 1.5G streams multiplexed into a single 3G stream.
- Dual Link Level B (SMPTE 425)
Embedded Audio Generator
- 4 x independent audio channels (2 Stereo pairs) each with adjustable level and frequency
- Preset frequency selections: 50, 100, 200, 250, 400, 500, 800, 1k, 2k, 4k, 8k, 16kHz
- Level adjustments: 0 to -79dBFS in 1dB steps
- All 4 channels available to both SDI output embedders, which can embed 8 channels into any two groups (selectable). Each SDI Embedder can be configured independently with different groups and channel assignments.
Note: When SMPTE 525 dual stream or dual link mode is used, audio is embedded into both streams.
Analog Reference Sync Output
- 1 x analog sync output, BNC connector 75 Ohm
- Reference output is the same standard as the selected SDI output
- SDTV = Bi-level analog sync only (no burst or video content)
- HDTV = Tri-level analog sync
Large Internal Pattern Library
- Static Patterns: 100 Split Colorbars, 75 Split Colorbars, 100 Full Bars, 75 Full Bars, SMPTE 219 Colorbars, Full Field Red, Full Field Green, Full Field Blue, Full Field Black, Full field White, Pluge, Crosshatch, 5-Step Staircase, Valid Ramp, Limit Ramp, Multiburst, Frequency Sweep, Pathological EQ/PLL
- Dynamic Patterns: EBU A/V Sync Pattern, Moving Boxes
- 3D Patterns: 3D Boxes (left eye / right eye), 3D Gray Boxes (left eye/right eye)
Multiple Overlays (Selectable)
- Text Overlay: Single line, 16 characters max, static or scrolling horizontally
- Circle: 1 pixel circle centered on test pattern
- Markers: Safe Action or Safe Title markers per SMPTE RP218-2002
|PTG 1802||"Testor | lite 3G" - SDI test pattern generator|
|PTG BATT||Testor | lite 3G Battery|
|PTG 1802 CASE||Testor | lite 3G Case|