The OBD 1510 D is a pair of multi-function modules which will extend the reach of serial RS232, RS422 or RS485 as well as two GPI (general purpose interface) up to 10km (6.2 miles) over a single bidirectional fiber link (WDM).
A single RJ45 electrical serial connection can be configured for RS232, RS422 or RS485 serial standards. A separate RJ45 connector is provided for two electrical GPI inputs and outputs. Serial communications and GPI are transmitted and extended over the same fiber link.
The OBD 1510 D is completely agnostic to the serial protocol used, and supports all standard protocols and proprietary protocols at data rates from 300 to 460K Baud (auto sensing and auto adjusting).
The integrated dip switch provides precise control over the serial mode of operation with selections for the serial standard, serial termination, RX/TX crossover and RS422/485 data direction (automatic or manual). Data activity LEDs are provided for the serial port and the GPI port under the respective RJ45 connectors.
The OBD 1510 D also supports mixing and matching of serial standards. For example: the transmitting module can have a RS232 input, and the receiving module can be set for RS422 output.
Note: This system used WDM optical multiplexing and should only be used in point to point applications. This solution cannot be integrated into a CWDM multiplexed system.
- Bidirectional send and receive over single fiber link
- Extend serial and GPI connections up to 10km
- Supports serial RS232 or RS422 or RS485
- 2 x GPI connections
- Singlemode fiber up to 10km (6.2 miles)
- LC/PC duplex fiber connections
- Switchable RX/TX crossover
- Automatic or manual data direction
- Switchable end of line termination
- ‘Plug and Play’ - No PC software drivers needed
- Supports all serial protocols (standard or proprietary)
- 300 - 460K Baud (auto sensing and auto adjusting)
|OBD 1510 D||RS232/422/485 Serial and GPI Bidirectional Fiber Transceiver|
|RFR 1200||High power yellobrik 19” 1RU Rack Frame|
|RFR 1001||yellobrik Mounting Bracket|
|LC/SC Sim||LC Connector to SC Connector Adapter Kit|
|LC/ST Sim||LC Connector to ST Connector Adapter Kit|
|P-TAP 1000||P-TAP Battery Adapter Cable|
|XLR 1000||4 Pin XLR Camera Battery Adapter Cable|