The OBD 1510 E is a matched pair of compact Ethernet switches designed to extend the reach of electrical Ethernet signals over long distances. The two switches are linked via single bidirectional fiber link which operates at a constant 1Ggit speed.
This pair of modules uses WDM fiber technology in a closed loop arrangement and essentially functions as an Ethernet extender solution. The fiber link supports distances up to 10Km and provides a single, high speed 1Gbit error-free optical connection between the two locations.
Each OBD 1510 E module has two standard RJ45 electrical Ethernet ports and the complete system functions as a 4 port Ethernet switch, providing two standard RJ45 Ethernet ports at each location bridged with fiber. For legacy systems, each electrical Ethernet port can be set for automatic speed detection (10/100/1000) or forced to 10Mbit. Each port uses auto crossover detection or can be forced manually if needed. These functions are available using the dip switch.
Note. This system used WDM optical multiplexing and should only be used in point to point applications. This solution cannot be integrated into a CWDM multiplexed system.
• Bidirectional send and receive over single fiber link
• Supports standard Ethernet inputs up to 1Gbit
• Closed loop WDM fiber system
• Auto (10/100/1000) electrical port speed detection
• Manually force 10Mbit electrical speed
• Fiber connection speed always 1Gbit
• Auto or manual electrical crossover selection
• Distances up to 10km (6.2 miles) over SMF fiber
• Supplied as matched pair (A and B version)
• Supports hot swapping and hot plugging
|OBD 1510 E||Ethernet to Fiber Bidirectional Transceivers (switch)|
|P-TAP 1000||P-TAP Battery Adapter Cable|
|XLR 1000||4 Pin XLR Camera Battery Adapter Cable|
|LC/ST Sim||LC Connector to ST Connector Adapter Kit|
|LC/SC Sim||LC Connector to SC Connector Adapter Kit|
|RFR 1001||yellobrik Mounting Bracket|
|RFR 1000-1||yellobrik 1RU Rack Frame|